Entry Level Auditor Position Starting Salary $40,000
Entry Level Auditor Position with CPA Starting Salary $45,000
Individual will be assigned to a team to conduct audits, examinations, and investigations of governmental entities records. This includes examining or auditing accounting records details; interviewing clients, employers, and employees; consulting with staff; and other related work as required. Must work effectively with other team members, be able to work with numbers, and comply with confidentiality requirements. Report and inform management staff of the current status of activities. Ability to: obtain, record and document information, identify fraud based on investigations, interpret fraud and abuse laws and regulations, prepare accurate and concise written reports, explain processes and procedures to the staff, interpret fraud and abuse laws and regulations and comply with confidentiality requirements. Three years of auditing experience in our office counts toward fulfilling the experience requirement for an active permit to practice as a CPA. We encourage staff to obtain professional certifications (CPA, CFE, CGFM) while not requiring it.
- Requires Bachelor's Degree with 24 semester hours of accounting
- Good analytical and computer skills.
- Knowledge of Windows, Word, Access, and Excel useful.
- Must be available for limited overnight travel, 10 to 20 %.
The Nebraska Auditor of Public Accounts is a State Constitutional Office responsible for auditing all State agencies, officers, boards, bureaus, and commissions. Also authorized to conduct investigations and audits of political subdivisions, and federal funds.
In addition to the competitive starting salary, we offer excellent benefits, including:
- Twelve days of vacation each year during the first 5 years of employment and increasing to 25 days after 16 years of employment.
- Twelve days of sick leave each year during the first 5 years of employment and increasing to 30 days after 19 years of employment.
- Twelve paid holidays per year.
- Health and life insurance benefits.
- Coverage under the Public Employees Retirement System.
- Promotion potential and salary increases.
- Optional tax deferred savings plans.